The way we start our morning sets the tone for the whole day. I believe that we all could benefit from having a solid morning ritual. A space for ourselves so we can nurture our soul and mind. My morning ritual consists of writing a gratitude letter to all that is, thanking the universe for everything I have, and also for the things I want to have.
This is a great way of focusing on appreciation and at the same time remembering my intentions and dreams. I do this while I drink a smoothie and look out the window. Sometimes I use my favorite vintage binoculars and admire some birds and trees from a far, marveling over the beauty of our planet. I usually have a favorite crystal that I hold while I do some deep breathing and contemplate.
Here are a few tips on what you can do as a morning ritual.
1. Practice deep breathing for 3-5 min before enjoying a nice breakfast.
2. Write down your intentions for the day and how you would like to feel today.
3. Do a (quick) self massage, start with your head and end with your feet.
4. Have a smoothie while looking out the window.
5. Dance to your favorite song.
6. Repet your favorite affirmation 10 times in the mirror before you go about your day.
If you don’t already have a great routine that works for you, then I hope you’ll find something you like here. Remember that when you invest time in yourself, you amplify your wellbeing, and when you feel good you do good.